Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, the In IT Together Fund will collect and use your personal data obtained from the website in connection with application requests made for funding.
Specifically, we may use such personal data we collect about you for the following purposes:
Why does the In It Together Fund need to collect and store personal data?
- To maintain our own internal funding application records and associated administration and management
- To contact you via email /phone in response to your funding application
- To inform and update you on any relevant communications relating to the In It Together fund and our associated partner initiatives, products and services
- To communicate with you about your or your organisation’s membership subscription
We will only collect and use your personal information, if we are satisfied that we have a legitimate interest to do so and this will be mainly for the purposes of assessing your funding application for your business.
In It Together Fund applicants will be required to share certain personal data such as: Business contact information to engage in our funding application process. Examples of personal data required: individual contact name, business name, postal address, email and phone number, mobile and fixed line.
The information we collect will be used for the following reasons:
- Assess and process your application for funding
- Carry out and administer any obligations arising from the funding application process between you and us
- Allow you to participate in features of our website and other services
- Analyse how users are making use of our website and for internal marketing and research purposes.
In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect, and use is appropriate for this purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will the In It Together Fund share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data collected on to other companies within the In It Together Fund (Allegra Strategies Ltd,) and any partners, subcontractors and third-party agents we engage for the purpose of fulfilling the provision of In It Together Fund services.
In It Together Fund engages with a mix of third-party service providers including partners for application assessment, administration and payment processing.
We are taking all the necessary steps with our suppliers to ensure they are GDPR compliant by implementing annual due diligence reviews led by our GDPR leader.
Any personal data exchanged is transferred and shared in compliance with GDPR regulations.
Our associated companies, partners, subcontractors that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them solely for the purposes of fulfilling the event service or send you their information because you have shown interest in their services.
When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with In It Together Fund procedures.
How will the In It Together Fund retain the information it collects about me?
The In It Together Fund will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
It is our current policy to retain personal data relating to individual funding applications for a period of 5 years from when a decision on an application is made. After this time all personal data, whether in hard copy or in electronic form, will be destroyed.
This retention period may be extended or reduced if we deem it necessary, for example, to defend legal proceedings or if there is an on-going investigation relating to the information or to comply with relevant HMRC processing regulations.
We use smart technologies to safeguard your data and operate strict security standards and procedures to prevent any unauthorised access to it.
Under what circumstances will the In It Together Fund contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that In It Together Fund holds about me?
In It Together Fund at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If the In It Together Fund does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of In It Together Fund or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
The In It Together Fund accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Contact details of the GDPR Leader
- Driving Licence
- Birth Certificate
- Utility Bill, Credit Card/Bank Statement from the previous 3 months
Address: Serendipity House
106 Arlington Road
Email: +44 (0)20 7691 8800
Document Owner and Approval
The GDPR Leader at In It Together Fund is the owner of this document and is responsible for ensuring that this record is reviewed in line with the review requirements of the GDPR regulations.
We may update or amend this privacy notice from time to time and will document changes made below.